Anyone who has followed me for a while will know that I have a weakness for book covers. In a world where just getting visibility is near on impossible, the cover of a book has a split second to grab attention from a potential reader. I know that when I’m looking for my next read, the cover is hands down the thing that either causes me to stop and dig deeper or move on in my search.
For someone like me, it’s a bit of a curse. It means that given my penchant for redesigning my own book covers, I am continually seeing how I can improve what I already have out there. It’s a constant creative process where I hope that one day I’ll stumble upon a design that’s irresistible to anyone searching through books.
During 2020, I’ve re-released the first two books of my Axel Rhodes series, Axel Rhodes and the Golden Scarab, and Axel Rhodes and the Cursed Nile. And with the looming release of book 3 before Christmas, Axel Rhodes and the Fallen Pharaoh, I’ve spent many months researching the genre to discover the secret of the perfect cover.
Since uplifting my presence on Instagram, I’ve been blown away by the incredible middle grade book covers that are around. It seems that the design standards of humble MG book covers have taken a huge turn for the better and stepped up a few notches. So, armed with my newfound inspiration and after seeing an abundance of beautifully designed books, I decided it was time for another go at my Axel Rhodes covers.
behold the new Axel Rhodes covers for books 1, 2, and 3.
Axel Rhodes and the Missing Link (Book 4) will be released in 2021.
Warning: Readers of this series will:
- Travel through time. If you suffer from motion sickness, you may experience some uncomfortable symptoms.
- If you currently suffer from boredom, you will experience un-boredom.
- If you have a tendency to laugh-out-loud, you will annoy others.
- If you like action and adventure, strap yourself in for the ride of your life
- Please have a safe and comfortable place available for a rest once you have finished
- If you are a chicken, then please move on.
I’d love to hear your thoughts about my post … seriously!