So, it’s been a number of months now since I sat down to watch ONWARD. The first thing that comes to mind is the beautiful animation. When I watch CG movies, I can’t help but look beyond the story and appreciate the detail that has been included in each scene.
ONWARD is a great story of renewal and growing from the past. Ian Lightfoot (Tom Holland) celebrates his 16th birthday, and along with the celebration comes the memories of his late father. He feels sad at all the new memories and times that will never be.
He receives a final gift that his dad left for him, one that could bring him back for 1 final day, but of course there’s a problem. Ian decides with his brother, Barley (Chris Pratt), to embark on a journey to find a special gem that will enable them redo the spell. That’s were the fun adventure starts and leads us through their journey of discovery.
No more plot from me, there’s no point in telling you everything about it. Here’s the trailer … Enjoy!
Instead of more plot, I’ll just mention some random things that spring to mind. They all helped me enjoy this movie a lot and may help you decide if it’s your thing.
Trash eating unicorns. Pet dragon-like dog. Older brother – Game obsessed, protester, crazy, kooky. Mantacor character – very cute. OD on energy drink. Hilarious pixie bikers. Think – Weekend at Bernies. Self belief. Using your strengths. Working together. More than one way to solve a problem. Traps. Brotherly love. Selfless sacrifices for others.
ONWARD is a heartwarming, funny movie with that Pixar magic. It’s all about finding out that what you want is right in front of you. Available on Disney+ and I thoroughly recommend it.
Warning: Readers of this series will:
- Travel through time. If you suffer from motion sickness, you may experience some uncomfortable symptoms.
- If you currently suffer from boredom, you will experience un-boredom.
- If you have a tendency to laugh-out-loud, you will annoy others.
- If you like action and adventure, strap yourself in for the ride of your life
- Please have a safe and comfortable place available for a rest once you have finished
- If you are a chicken, then please move on.
I’d love to hear your thoughts about my post … seriously!