Hands up those of you who loved the 1995 version of Jumanji, which starred Robin Williams. Now hands up those of you who saw the 2017 remake, Jumanji – Welcome to the Jungle, which starred The Rock? I sense that the second question had fewer hands raised.
I, like many others, loved the original and never even contemplated watching the new 2017 remake. I was a tad concerned that they would even consider re-hacking a favorite. So, I never saw it and my life went on as usual.
Now we’ve reached 2019 and it seems that the remake must have been popular enough to warrant a sequel. IMDb describes this new movie as “A team of friends return to Jumanji to rescue one of their own but discover that nothing is as they expect. The players need to brave parts unknown, from arid deserts to snowy mountains, in order to escape the world’s most dangerous game.”
Well, it does pique a little interest, and the trailer to Jumanji – The Next Level was recently dropped into the universe. Take a look for yourself and let me know what you think.
- Do you treasure the memory of the original?
- Did you see the 2017 remake?
- Would you consider seeing this new one?
Although the trailer looks good, I definitely need to let go of the past before I can see the future. Maybe I’ll search it out on stream someday, but I don’t think it will have me paying a fortune for popcorn and coke at the cinema.
Warning: Readers of this series will:
- Travel through time. If you suffer from motion sickness, you may experience some uncomfortable symptoms.
- If you currently suffer from boredom, you will experience un-boredom.
- If you have a tendency to laugh-out-loud, you will annoy others.
- If you like action and adventure, strap yourself in for the ride of your life
- Please have a safe and comfortable place available for a rest once you have finished
- If you are a chicken, then please move on.