How many versions of The Addams Family have you seen over the years? If you’ve lost count, then join the club. Some stories transcend time and remain relevant across generations. The Addams Family is one of those treasures that has been around for over 50 years. Even the music (click click) is instantly recognisable.
So, after 50 years on our screens in a variety of guises, The Addams Family has gone digital (digitally animated that is). IMdB’s description of the latest AF offering is very basic “An animated version of Charles Addams’ series of cartoons about a peculiar, ghoulish family” and it doesn’t really give us much of an idea about the plot.
But with a little more digging I’ve found the link to the official movie page on Facebook here, which provides us with a better idea on what’s in store.
“Get ready to snap your fingers! The first family of Halloween, the Addams Family, is back on the big screen in the first animated comedy about the kookiest family on the block. Funny, outlandish, and completely iconic, the Addams Family redefines what it means to be a good neighbor.”
The new 2019 offering is due for release 11 October 2019 and I think this is a fine looking trailer. As a huge fan of CG animation movies, I think that this one looks very promising and visually appealing. The trailer hints at an underlying theme that has always been part of this family. They have an ‘undying’ tolerance for different types of people, even when they are subject to the opposite from everyone else. It’s a lesson for all of us that has been consistent for 50 years.
Take a look for yourself and let me know what you think.
- Do you have sentimental feelings for the original?
- Do you like how this family continues to evolve over the years?
- Which is your favorite version?
I’ve been an AF fan forever. Although the original casting is my sentimental favorite, this new CG version looks like it’s nailed the characters.
Here are some versions from the past.
Warning: Readers of this series will:
- Travel through time. If you suffer from motion sickness, you may experience some uncomfortable symptoms.
- If you currently suffer from boredom, you will experience un-boredom.
- If you have a tendency to laugh-out-loud, you will annoy others.
- If you like action and adventure, strap yourself in for the ride of your life
- Please have a safe and comfortable place available for a rest once you have finished
- If you are a chicken, then please move on.